Call for Abstracts
MRM2021 abstract submission is now open for the technical symposium. All abstracts must be submitted online.
First, you must create a user account to submit your abstract. Login details from the previous MRM2019 are not valid. All presenters must create a new account.
The submission deadline is May 18, 2021.
- All abstracts must be written in English and submitted via the online submission system.
- Please use the abstract template (Microsoft Word), which must be converted into its PDF version for submission.
- After successfully submitting your abstract, you will receive a submission confirmation by e-mail.
- Once the abstract is submitted, changes, corrections, or reuploading of the abstract are possible until the submission deadline. Any modifications requested after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Each account holder can submit two abstracts as the presenter.
- Please select the symposium corresponding to your submission.
THE MRM POSTER AWARD 2021
The MRM Poster Award 2021 is intended to honor and encourage materials scientists and engineers whose academic achievements and current research in materials display a high level of excellence and distinction. The MRM2021 Committee seeks to recognize scientists and engineers of exceptional ability who show promise for significant future achievements in materials research. This award is aimed at poster presentations.
|Graduate Student Award|
Eligibility and procedure
- The award winner must be both first author and speaker of the poster presentations.
- There is no upper age limit for nominees. Application forms must be submitted to the secretariat for the MRM2021. You will be provided with the application details and deadline after submitting your on-line abstract.
- The submitted award applications will be reviewed by referees, who will examine the applications, and select eligible candidate groups for the gold, silver, and graduate student prizes. The selected candidates will be asked to participate in a competitive session, where their presentations will be judged during the poster session to be held on December 13, 2021.
- All award recipients will be selected based on the pre-evaluation of the submitted award applications and the evaluation at the competition on December 13, 2021. A limited number of gold award winners may be chosen from the candidate group and one or two silver award winners may be chosen from each cluster. The graduate student award winners will be chosen from the graduate students among the candidate group.
- All awardees will be invited to attend the award ceremony, to be held during the banquet on the evening of December 15, 2021. The award recipients will be published on the homepages of MRM2021and the MRS-Japan News, and the winning posters will be uploaded onto these homepages.
*The above rules and procedure may be subject to change by the MRM2021 Organizing Committee.
Online Submission System
To begin the submission process, an account must be created. On the new submission page, click “Create an Account.” If you wish to return later to make changes, complete an unfinished abstract submission, or revise a submission, please select “Log In” and enter the login information you created.
Enter the account holder information and complete all required fields.
Users will be notified of acceptance on June 30 via the submission system. Please remember your account’s password.
Registration and Payment
AUTHORS/PRESENTERS (including keynote and invited speakers) must complete the registration and payment via the online system. The registration system will open in July.
Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published online only for those who have completed their conference registration. The publication date is December 1, 2021.
Submitting Author Responsibilities
The person submitting an abstract will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that if accepted, the presenting author will present the abstract as designated by the MRM2021 Program Committee.
- Providing complete and accurate contact and affiliation information for all co-authors.
- Ensuring that all co-authors have reviewed and approved the abstract’s content.
The copyright of the submitted and accepted proceeding manuscript adopted at MRM 2021 and other materials contributed to the conference is handled under the copyright policy of the Materials Research Society of Japan (MRS-J).
Personal Data Management
Any information obtained will be used only for the following purposes:
- To contact manuscript contributors, participants, exhibitors, among others, for conference coordination
- To provide information on MRS-J itself or related activities - Notifications can be canceled by contacting the MRS-J Secretariat office.